Weather, climate and best time to visit
Best time to visit Zimbabwe
The best time to visit in Zimbabwe is from January until December, when you will have a pleasant or warm temperature and limited till mediocre rainfall. The highest average temperature in in Zimbabwe is 30°C in October and the lowest is 22°C in June.
Zimbabwe has the semi-arid climate prevailing. If you want to know what the average temperature is in in Zimbabwe or when most precipitation (rain or snow) falls, you can find a quick overview below. This way, you are well prepared. Our average monthly climate data is based on data from the past 30 years.
Climate data from city: Harare
14 day weather forecast Zimbabwe
The weather for Zimbabwe will be 22° till 25° degrees in the next 14 days with several days chance of light rain showers or even quite a bit of rain.
The weather forecast for Zimbabwe is based on the weather conditions in the city of Harare.
Zimbabwe has the semi-arid climate prevailing. It is warm to hot all year round and trees don't grow here because of the drought. It consists mainly of sand with grasses and sometimes shrubs. The average annual temperature for Zimbabwe is 26° degrees and there is about 501 mm of rain in a year. It is dry for 228 days a year with an average humidity of 63% and an UV-index of 5.
Climate table of Zimbabwe
Climate data from city: Harare
Zimbabwe weather by month
What is the average weather like in a given month for Zimbabwe? Let's find out! Click on a month to check all the monthly averages for sunshine, temperature highs and lows, percentage chance of rain per day, snowfall accumulation and number of rainy days.
Weather experiences Zimbabwe
Already been to Zimbabwe?
Share your experience of the Zimbabwe weather and get a chance to win $150!
Frequently asked questions
Where is Zimbabwe?
Zimbabwe lies in a straight line about 7,393 km from India (New Delhi → Harare).
How long is the flight to Zimbabwe?
The flight time from Indira Gandhi to Zimbabwe is approximately 10 h. 20 min.
What are the largest airports in Zimbabwe?
These are the largest airports in Zimbabwe:
- Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport — Harare
- Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo International Airport — Bulawayo
- Victoria Falls International Airport — Victoria Falls
How many inhabitants are there in Zimbabwe?
Zimbabwe has approximately 14,542,235 inhabitants.
How big is Zimbabwe?
The area of Zimbabwe is around 390,580 km². It is 8x smaller than India.
What is the capital of Zimbabwe?
The capital of Zimbabwe is Harare.
What is the currency of Zimbabwe?
In Zimbabwe the US dollar (USD), Botswana pula (BWP), Pound sterling (GBP), Euro (EUR), South African rand (ZAR) is used to pay.
Exchange rates on 26 January 2022
- 1 Indian rupee = 0.013 US dollar
- 1 US dollar = 74.14 Indian rupee
- 100 Indian rupee = 1.35 US dollar
- 100 US dollar = 7,414.44 Indian rupee
- 1 Indian rupee = 0.15 Botswana pula
- 1 Botswana pula = 6.68 Indian rupee
- 100 Indian rupee = 14.97 Botswana pula
- 100 Botswana pula = 667.99 Indian rupee
- 1 Indian rupee = 0.010 Pound sterling
- 1 Pound sterling = 98.28 Indian rupee
- 100 Indian rupee = 1.02 Pound sterling
- 100 Pound sterling = 9,827.76 Indian rupee
- 1 Indian rupee = 0.011 Euro
- 1 Euro = 88.05 Indian rupee
- 100 Indian rupee = 1.14 Euro
- 100 Euro = 8,804.55 Indian rupee
- 1 Indian rupee = 0.21 South African rand
- 1 South African rand = 4.81 Indian rupee
- 100 Indian rupee = 20.81 South African rand
- 100 South African rand = 480.73 Indian rupee
What is the area code of Zimbabwe?
The area code to call Zimbabwe is +263.